Subject: PyroMages 'R' Us
From: Calvin (Azrael)
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1993 02:27:59 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.dnd

MUIER'S FLAME SCULPTURE
School: Evocation
Level: 5 
Range: 30 yards 
Duration: 1 turn/level 
Area of Effect: Special 
Components: V,S,M
Casting Time: 8 
Saving Throw: See below 

	This spell creates a huge ball of fire that can be shaped into any form
the caster wishes. For example, the fireball could be changed into a table,
ladder, bucket, stilts, or cane, all sculpted from raw flame. However, all
sculpted objects, having been formed from solid flames, will cause damage
and ignite combustibles as normal fires would. Any creature in contact with
a flame sculpture takes damage equal to the caster's level per round of
contact. Any combustible item must save vs. magical fires or be
incinerated. Only the caster himself and any items in contact with his body
are immune to the flames' effects. 
	 The flame sculpture can be as large one cubic foot per level of the
caster. Once an object is formed, it cannot be re-sculpted during the
remaining duration of the spell. The object created must be fairly rigid,
have no moving parts, have no sharp point or edge, and have no fine
details. Therefore, a rope, sword, chariot, or accurate statue could not be
created. No sculpture can be harmed by anything other than water; to
destroy a flame sculpture, it must be immersed in a number of gallons of
water equal to the caster's level. 

MUIER'S SUPERIOR FLAME SCULPTURE
School: Evocation 
Level: 6 
Range: 30 yards 
Duration: 3 turns + 1 turn/level
Area of Effect: Special 
Components: V,S,M 
Casting Time: 1 round 
Saving Throw: See below 

	This spell is a more advanced form of the 5th level flame sculpture spell.
The object or objects formed from the flames can be more complex, composed
of large, moving parts, or have an edge or a point, but still must be
fairly rigid. A wagon, quiver of arrows, shovel, sword, or wheel could all
be created from the fire, but not a crossbow, spring, or coil of rope. Up
to 8 cubic feet of flame per level of the caster can be created at once.
All other respects of this spell are identical to the 5th level spell
except for one thing: combustible items brought into contact with the
sculpture make their saving throws vs. magical fire at -1.  

MUIER'S PHANTOM STALKER
School: Conjuration/Summoning
Level: 7 
Range: 10 yards
Components: V,S,M 
Duration: Special 
Casting Time: 1 round 
Area of Effect: Special 
Saving Throw: None 

	This variation on the more common "invisible stalker" spell calls forth a
phantom stalker (see the FIEND FOLIO for information on this monster) from
the elemental plane of Fire. The creature obeys and serves the caster in
performing whatever tasks it is assigned, most commonly to serve as the
caster's bodyguard. However, like its cousin the invisible stalker, the
creature resents its servitude and seeks to twist its master's instructions
whenever possible, anxious to return to its native plane.
	There is one explicit instruction inherent in the summoning of the phantom
stalker. If the caster is ever killed with a phantom stalker in his
service, the stalker will immediately vanish, and reappear 1-4 hours later,
having tracked their summoner's killer from the Ethereal Plane. The
stalkers only gain this ability once their summoner is killed, and the
ability vanishes as soon as the summoner's slayer has been tracked.  

MUIER'S INSTANTANEOUS IMMOLATION
School: Alteration
Level: 8 
Range: Touch 
Components: V,S,M
Duration: 1 round/level 
Casting Time: 5 
Area of Effect: 1 creature
Saving Throw: None 

	By use of this spell, the casting mage can transform himself or another
creature into a ball of flame. While in this form, the affected creature
temporarily loses all of his possessions and spellcasting abilities, but is
able to fly at a speed of 48 (MC:A) and cause damage to opponents simply by
crashing into them. While immolated, a character strikes with the normal
THACO of a monster half his level or hit dice. A hit causes 6d6 points of
fire damage. 
	An immolated creature can be harmed only by cold-based attacks and magical
weapons while in fireball form. Cold causes double damage to the creature,
while magical weapons cause normal damage. However, an immolated creature
in motion is extremely hard to hit, giving it a base armor class of -2,
which may be bettered (but not worsened) by the creature's natural armor
class without armor or other protections.

MUIER'S MOST EXCELLENT FLAME SCULPTURE
School: Evocation
Level: 9 
Range: 30 yards 
Duration: 6 turns +  1 turn/level 
Area of Effect: Special 
Components: V,S,M 
Casting Time: 1 turn
Saving Throw: See below 

	This spell is the most advanced of the flame sculpture spells. The object
formed can be highly complex, containing many moving parts, such as a siege
machine or a spelljammer. Parts of an object created could be as flexible
as a rope or the wood of a bow, so a large net, ballista, rope bridge, or
collection of crossbows could be formed. Up to one cubic yard per level of
flame can be created and sculpted. Otherwise, this spell conforms to the
description of the lesser flame sculptures, except that the sculpture
causes 1.5 points of damage per level per round of contact with a living
creature (rounded down), and non-magical combustible items get no save at
all to resist the flames. Magical combustibles may save vs. magical fire at
-2 to avoid being destroyed. 

MUIER'S NEFARIOUS NUKE
School: Evocation
Level: 9
Range: None 
Duration: Instantaneous 
Area of Effect: 10' radius/level 
Components: V,S,M 
Casting Time: 1 turn 
Saving Throw: See below 

	This incredibly destructive spell should be used only if the caster wants
to utterly annihilate everything close to him. The spell draws upon the
caster's life force and explosively blows it apart, blasting everything
within the area of effect to dust and ash. All living creatures have a
chance to avoid utter destruction by rolling a 20 on 1d20. In this case,
the lucky creature is reduced to 1 hit point. Otherwise, creatures slain by
the explosion have a mere 20% chance of surviving resurrection by any
spell, even wishes.
	Unfortunately, the caster himself is blasted to atoms, destroying any and
all hope of resurrection. Unless he takes some form of precaution before
casting the spell, he will be forever killed. A contingency teleporting the
caster away at the instant the spell is cast will not save him, for the
spell's energies will still blow up his life force as soon as he reaches
his destination. Use this spell only when you're using a character whom you
either don't like or whom you don't use that often anyway.

I have about ten more, but I can't seem to find 'em. I'll post them if I
do.