Subject: Spell
From: [email-masked] (Brendan Knox)
Date: 22 Oct 1993 12:37:36 +0800
Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.dnd

Greetings All,

This is something I found somewhere and I've dug it up out of some long
lost archive.  This aint my spell so don't flame. <grin>

Singing Cockroach    Wiz 6   Alteration spell
Components: S, M
Duration:  12t + 1t/level
Casting Time: 1 Round
Area effect: 400 sq feet/level
Saving throw: Special

The ulitimate seige breaker...  When the caster casts this spell on a
roach, it works it's way into the enemies camp.   Once in the camp, the
roach finds a nice place and starts to sing, REALLY bad.   All within
must a save vs spell or leave camp and go home.  If the make the saving
throw, must make one each turn with a culimative -1 to the roll.

Needless to say, sieges don't last long...     I know it's a dumb spell,
but it is the funniest thing to use in a siege or large enemy
encampment.   :>

This is another one I've dug up from the archives of my HDD. Not mine as
well (avoid flame mode on).

Gifrun's Thunderclap(Evocation)

Level:          5               Casting Time:   3
Range:          4" + 1"/level   Components:     V,S,M
Duration:       Instantaneous   Saving Throw:   1/2
Area of Effect: 4" sphere
Explanation/Description:

This spell opens a small gate to the quasi-elemental plane of Vacuum.  Within
the area of effect, all the air is suddenly eliminated.  This does not last
long enough to cause asyphixiation, but the resulting rushing of air into the
area causes 1d6 damage per level of the caster (up to a maximum of 10d6),
regardless of whether or not the victim(s) require air (even undead are
affected).  The rushing air also causes a massive roar, like a clap of
thunder, which will deafen victims for 1-10 rounds.

A saving throw is allowed; if successful, reduce damage to half, and the
victim is only deafened for 1 round.

The material component for this spell is a small lodestone, encased in a
legume.

And one more <grin>. Oh, and it's not mine either (I'll post mine later
<evil "only a DM would know" cackle>).

  Furball (Level 2 Evocation/Alteration spell)
  Range          : 10 yards + 10 yards/level
  Components     : V,S,M (fur)
  Duration       : 1 round / level
  Casting Time   : 3
  Area of Effect : 20-foot radius
  Saving Throw   : Neg.

  Supposedly designed by a wizard by the name of Rakmos Shearlight for
  his friend's wool business, this spell causes fur or hair on any
  living creature to grow at a rate of 1 inch per round.  It even
  effects creatures that do not normally have fur/hair (eg. furry
  alligator anyone? {g}).

  A saving throw is allowed and those that successfully save will not be
  affected by the fur/hair growth.  Otherwise, the fur/hair will
  continue for the duration of the spell.  The fur/hair will remain even
  after the spell's duration expires and it is not magical.  A Dispel
  Magic will only halt the fur/hair growth.  Partial areas of large
  creatures have been known to be affected by this spell (eg. face of
  the red dragon, Scorch).

  In it self, this spell is relatively harmless.  The effects on the
  other hand can be quite interesting.  Tight armor has been known to
  break and fall off, the fur/hair catching fire (since it is
  flammable), extra insulation in cold climate, instant fur for Lighting
  Bolt spell {g}, etc...