Subject: new-spells
From: [email-masked] (Bret Mikeal O Neal)
Date: 21 Apr 93 18:09:30 GMT

hi all
    are you sick of your necromancer having to resort to wimpy alteration
	and invocation spells to do most things. well not any more.
    here is my girl friends answer to that probleum

**********************************

THE SPELL BOOK OF THEODRUN Nec-11

**********************************
**********

LEVEL: 2

**********

	Blood Burn
	(alteration)

	ra: 40 yards		time: 2
	comp: V,M		area: 1 creature
	dur: 4r			save: for half

		By means of a Blood Burn spell the caster is abel to make
	a creatures blood boil. Creatures without blood are immune to this 
	effect.
		On the first round of the spell, the blood becomes warm and
	the creature feels uncomfortable and feverish. During the second through
	fourth rounds, the blood increases temperature until it is burning
	internal organs. Note this is treated as fire for resistance and
	regeneration purposes.
	Damage is as follows:
		Round: 1  	  0 dam
		Round: 2	1d4 dam
		Round: 3	2d4 dam
		Round: 4	4d4 dam
	The material components for this spell are a drop of blood and a pinch
	of sulphur.

	Death Mask
	(necromancy)

	ra: 0			time: 2
	comp: S,M		area: 30' cube in front of caster
	dur: 1r			save: neg

		When this spell is cast the casters face momentarily bloats
	and rots. This putrid visage is not an illusion. Those within the
	area can smell the rotting flesh and hear the squirming grubs crawling
	from various orifices. Just as quickly as the face rotted, it repairs
	itself, grubs falling to the ground and skin growing back.
		This ephemeral spectacle is so horrifying that those seeing
	it muse save or stand in shock for 2-4 rounds. Non-intelligent creatures
	those unable to see, undead, and opponents with more HD than the caster
	are immune.
		The material component is a live caterpillar.

	Death Star
	(necromancy)

	ra: 60 yards		time: 2
	comp: V,S,M		area: 10'r
	dur:  3r + 1r/lvl	save: none

		This spell creates a pulsating ball of light floating 5' off
	the ground that slowly drains the life from all within 10'. Those 
	in the ares of effect take 1d4 dam a round. The star will drain life
	from anything within its area of effect including plants, animals,
	even the spellcaster. This spell cannot damage creatures without life 
	such as undead and automations.
		The star cannot be damaged. It will only leave if dismissed by
	the caster or dispelled. Note it does not move.
		The material components are a drop of swamp water and a pinch
	of dirt form a fresh grave.

	Ghoul Touch
	(necromancy)

	ra: 0			time: 2
	comp: V,S		area: caster
	dur: 2r +1r/lvl		save: neg

		Casting this spell changes the casters hands into gastly
	clawed terminals, much like a ghouls. The wizard may then attack with
	these decayed hands. The damage is 1d3 per claw + strength bonus.
	A save vs. paralyzation must be rolled by the creature hit.
	I those failing the save are paralyzed for 1d4 rounds. Note that the
	caster can attack with boath hands with appropriate penalties.
		Elves, slimes, undead, and automations are immune to this spell.
		Spellcasters may cast other spells while this spell is going,
	but any other touch spell will negate the ghoul hands.

************

LEVEL: 3

************

	Death Dance
	(enchantment/charm)

	ra: 40 yards		time: 3
	comp: V,S,M		area: 1 creature/ 3 levels in a 20' cube
	dur: 1r + 1r/3 lvl	save: neg

		Victims of this spell are forced to dance uncontrollably,
	much like stringed puppets. This jerking movement is so unnatural that
	creatures are prone to hurt themselves. For each round under the 
	infulence of this spell the crreature takes 1d6 damage from torn
	ligaments and wrenched muscles. Creatures affected by this spell are
	unable to take any action other than dance, but this requires the 
	complete concentration of the caster, so the wizard can do nothing
	but controll the dancers. If concentration is broken the caster can 
	regain it anytime the dancers are within 40 yards.
		This will effect undead but not oozes or automations.
		The material component of this spell are 4 pieces of string
	attached to 2 small sticks.

	Decay
	(necromancy)

	ra: touch		time: 3
	comp: V,S,M		area: caster
	dur: special		save: Neg.

		When this spell is cast, the wizard collects and controlls a 
	powerful negative energy force that will decay flesk upon contact. 
	This force will be seen as a shadowy darkness enveloping one hand.
	The spell remains in effect for 1r/ lvl or until the caster touches
	someone. The victim must save or watch a random limb wither away.
	creatures with decayed limbs are unable to use them for 1 hour/ 
	caster level. It is not possible to kill a creature with this spell
	since it will not decay the head or torso.
		Note: undead, automations, jellys and anything without limbs
		are immune to this spell.
		The material components are a poisonous mushroom and a pinch 
	of mold.

*************

LEVEL: 4 

*************

	Bone Bow
	(evocation)

	ra: 0			time: 4
	comp: S,M		area: special
	dur: 1r + 1r/lvl	save: none
		
		This spell makes a magical long bow made entirely of human 
	bones. For each round that the spell is in use the caster can fire 
	two bone arrows a round. These are shot with long bow range brackets
	at a THACO of a fighter of half the wizards level. These count as
	+3 for what creatures can be hit, are NOT stopped by magic resistance
	and do d8+2 damage (+str) each hit.
		The material components are a wish bone and a legenth of silk
		thread.

	Disenhandment
	(alteration)

	ra: 0			time: 4
	comp: V,M		area: special
	dur: 4r +1r/lvl		save: NA

		By means of this spell the caster removes his hands from his
	body and controlls them from op to 60 yards away. This does not damage 
	the caster, although it may look differently. The enchanted hands may
	do anything that the mage could normally do with them: attack (with
	or without weapons), manipulate objects, and cast spells that do not
	require verbal components.
		The hands can move up to 90 feet/ round, and leap 15 feet.
	They have AC:7 and HP: = caster level * 2. The hands attack with
	the mages THACO and do 1d3 damage per hit. If the hands are killed
	they will lay prone until the caster can recover them, when they will
	reattach themselves and act normally.
		The components are a sticky legenth of gauze and
		a silver scalpel.

************

LEVEL: 5

************

	Greater Death Star
	(necromancy)

	ra: 90 yards		time:6
	comp: V,S,M		area: special
	duration: 3r + 1r/lvl	save: none
	
		A greater death starenables the caster to create one or more
	death stars, fist sized balls of negative enegy that slowly drain the 
	life from all around them. This spell can create one large star or
	many small immobile ones.

		Doomstar (one large):
		This ia a 5'r ball of swirling light. This volate globe drains
	life force at a rate of 1d10 + 1/per 2 caster levels. ie. mage 10
	1d10 + 5 dam/ round. The doom star drains life from all within 25'
	of it. The caster can move it 30'/r  in any direction (even up).
	The spell caster is immune to this version of the spell.
		Star Swarm:
		This spell creates one death star for every level of the caster.
	See the lvl 2 spell for description. These cannot be placed withen 10'
	of eachother.
		See lvl 2 death star for creatures immune. Boath versions
	can be dislelled by the caster at will.
		Components are a drop or swamp water, a pinch of diamond dust,
		and shavings from a lodestone.

	Spirit Scream
	(necromancy)

	ra: 0			time: 5
	comp: V,S,M		area: special
	dur: instant		save: half

		This spell creates a low-pitched wail, much like a banshee.
	The wail originates at the casters mouth and extends outward in a cone
	3 feet long and foot in diameter per caster level. The wail inflicts
	1d4+1 per two caster levels. Those killed by the wail cannot be raised.
	Those who fail there save also run in fear for 1d4+1 rounds.
	ex. a mage 10 casts Spirit Scream for 5d4+5 + fear (ps- do not die).
	with an cone area 30' long and 10' diameter
		This spell does not affect creatures without hearing organs,
	such as plants and puddings, but does inflict double damage vs 
	crystaline. This spell automatically shatters all glass and thin 
	crystal in its area of effect. Magical gems and glass must save VS
	distegenerate or shatter.
		The material components are a pinch of diamond dust and a
	small ivory open-ended cone.