Subject: Spell: Stoneskin Remover
From: [email-masked] (Aadne Brunborg)
Date: 7 Nov 92 12:40:11 GMT

Here's a nice spell for those who often run into opponents with stoneskin (are
you reading this, Knut?). Any comments are welcome, but no flames. If you feel
need to flame this, you must be a Red Dragon {8-) (no offence, reddrgon!!)

My own comments:
This is a fairly powerful spell to be 2nd level, but with the restrictions I've
put on it, it's pretty useless against anything but a person with stoneskin. It
MAY inflict a minor amount of damage, and on the relative short range, not many
are going to walk around with this spell memorised unless they are pretty sure of
meeting opponents with stoneskin.

----------------------------

		Zhaida's's Instant Stoneskin Remover
		^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
2nd level wizard spell (Evocation, conjuration)

Range:			2 yards + 1 yard/level
Components:		V,S,M
Casting time:		2 
Area of effect:		1 person/creature
Saving throw:		Special

This spell creates 1d4 pebbles, plus 1 pebble/level, up to a maximum of 1d4+12 at
12th level. Each pebble counts as one attack regarding stoneskin-spells. The
caster must roll an successful attack roll vs. AC10 with +4 added to the dice for
this to have effect. No modifiers for range, magical protection or dexterity
applies. Each pebble will remove one stoneskin, and no save is allowed.

If used against an opponent without stoneskin, an unmodified attack roll vs.
target's AC is required. If successful, each pebble will inflict but one hit
point of damage, and a successful save vs. spell reduces this to one-half damage,
rounded down.

If the spell creates more pebbles than the target has stoneskins, the extra
pebbles are lost, they will not inflict any damage.

The material components are a pebble or sling stone to be hurled towards the
target.

----------------------

From: [email-masked] (Aadne Brunborg)
Date: 4 Dec 92 12:48:22 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.dnd
Subject: Re: Identifying Magical Items

Zhaida's Improved Identifyer (Diviniation)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Level: 6

Range:           0
Components:      V,S,M
Duration:        1 round/level
Casting Time:    10 hours
Area of Effect:  1 object
Saving throw:    None

This spell is a more powerful version of the Identify spell. The caster may
"read" one "plus" cast on the item per round and to "read" one special effect per
2 rounds. (a +5 sword requires 5 rounds to read, a flame tounge requires  
9 rounds (1 for the base plus, 2 for flaming and 3*2=6 for variable effects).
Effects upon the caster are as for the Identify spell. It will not reveal the 
exact intelligence and ego of a sentinent weapon, but may reveal some of it's 
powers.

The material components are one gem of no less than 1000 gp value. Used in 
combination with the Legend Lore spell, it may Identify almost anything short 
of Artifacts and Relics.

If this spell is to be used by a NPC employed to identify an item, it will cost
15 000 gp.

----------------------

From: [email-masked] (Aadne Brunborg)
Subject: Fly spell for priests
Date: 6 Dec 92 18:12:16 GMT

Here's a fly-spell for priests, something long-missed by many players. 8-)

Wings of God (Alteration) 
         ^^^
	insert your deity's name

Sphere: All
Level:  3

Range:           0
Components:      V,S,M
Duration:        as fly
Casting time:    3
Area of effect:  1 person
Saving Throw:    None

This spell causes large wings to grow on the back of the priest, allowing him 
to fly as the wizard spell "Fly". 
The spell is not affected by armor of any sort (the wings will grow through the
armor, and the armor will not be destroyed).

If the deity is good-aligned, the wings are white, angel-like, and if (s)he's 
evil, they will be devil-like. Druids grow eagle-like wings, and other neutral 
deitys grants grey feather-wings.

Normally, this spell may only be cast on the followers of the same god as the 
cleric. However, in dire needs it may be cast on any person. If cast on another
person under "non-dire" needs, the priest loses access to the spell for 2 days.

The material components are the cleric's holy symbol, plus a white feather for 
good, an eagle-feather for druids, any feather for neurtal and a bat wing for 
evil clerics. The components may be reused.

-------------------------------

 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 +                            +                                               +
 + [email-masked]+ +  "Yeah, alright! I've got something to say:   +
 +                            +   It's better to burn out, than fade away!"   +
 + [email-masked]++ +                                               +
 +                            + (Def Leppard: "Rock of Ages", Pyromania 1983) +
 +     - Aadne Brunborg -     +                                               +
 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++