Subject: Spells
From: [email-masked] (Chris Lawson)
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1993 19:42:19 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.dnd

In my previous travels across the land as a very powerful mage, I found a spell,
that was buried in the ground underneath the cave of an Ancient Gold Dragon Wyrm(He moved out of this cave centuries ago).  After examining the spell on the 
scroll, I decided to destroy it.  Never before have I seen such a powerful spell
and after finding out that the scroll was both posessed and indestructible,
I buried it deep within the caverns of the cave.  I thought that the players
might be interested in such a thing (players meaning 'ones who post here')

Naked Fury
(9th Level)
Range: 250'radius +50'/level
Components: V,S,M
Duration: Special
Saving Throw: None
Casting Time: 10

This spell, when properly incanted, wil unleash a chain of raw corusacatin
magic energy which strikes the land with brutal force.  There is no saveing
throw, whatsoever, and the land is tainted with the magic for 1 year per level
of the spell caster.  The land is destroyed, and charred, and nothing will grow
there as long as the magical taint remains.  People who enter the area will make
a saving throw vs spells, or fall sick for 3D6 days +1D6 days/level of mage.

Well, I think its just a wee bit too powerful, how about you?