Subject: Fire Elementalist Spells
From: [email-masked] (Infinity1)
Date: 28 May 1994 18:41:02 -0400
Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.dnd

I have played a Fire Elementalist for some time now, and am
interested in new spells for that class.  I would greatly appreciate
any fire/flame-based spells or spell ideas that I receive.  I have
included one of my favorites in return for what I may receive.

Thanks!

[email-masked]

Fayn's Conflagration of the Bowels
(Evocation)
Level:  4
Range:  5 yards/level
Components:  V,S,M
Duration:  Special
Casting Time:  4
Area of Effect:  1 person/5 levels of the caster
Saving Throw:  Neg.

Spell Description:

This spell causes the recipients innards to become consumed in a
magical fire.  The victum suffers one point of damage per level of
the caster (none if a successful saving throw is made).  In addition,
if the intended victum misses his saving throw roll, he becomed
racked with intense pain and falls to the ground for 2-5 rounds
(d4+1).  The victum of the spell is unable to function in any
coherent manner during this time period.  Observers may notice a
stench and see wisps of smoke emerging from the victums orifices
during this period.  After the effects of the spell expire, the
victum may begin functioning coherently again, however the pain does
not completely subside for 24 hours (only roleplaying effects).

The spellcaster has the option of directing more than one dose of
this spell at one victum (provided that the caster is of a sufficient
level).  In the case where two doses are directed at the victum, he
makes his saving throw roll at -2 to the die, suffers +2 points of
damage per level of the caster, and is incoherent for 1d6+1 rounds. 
This should be extrapolated in a like manner for more than two doses.