From: [email-masked] (Joe Carl Jr.)

At least I can research spells.  So I need some ideas for spells.  Anybody
got some others out there

How's this one for a must have spell

Conjuration/Summoning, Divination
Retrieve:       4th level spell
Range:          Special
Components:     VS
Duration:       Special
Casting Time:   1 turn
Area of Effect: Special
Saving Throw:   None

Description:

This spell enables an item with the spellcasters "Wizard Mark" inscribed
on it, to be instantly summoned.  The item must weigh no more than
10lb/level.  The item must have a Wizard Mark of the Spellcaster's Glyph
inscribed upon it.

When this spell is cast the wizard can see in his mind all wizard marked
items that have his glyph.  The Glyph and the extra six characters (Wizard
Mark does this) can be read.  The Wizard concentrates on one set of glyphs
and the object that has that set of glyphes inscribed on it is summoned.
If a unique glyph & set of characters is not available then the DM should
randomly pick which object is summoned.  Only one object can be summoned
per spell.

The glyphs can be seen even if they exist on a neighboring plane (but no
further).  But only items existing on the same plane as the caster can
be retrieved.  The plane that the are on is revealed though.

Only the glyph and characters are seen not the object itself.

This makes Wizard Mark a nice spell to have.  It also makes Erase very
important to Wizards that steal other Wizards spell books!