Subject: New Spell (NON-Offensive)
From: [email-masked] (Scooby) (Joseph DuBois)
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1993 15:02:53 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.dnd

Spell Name: Air Mask
Level:  3                       Components: V, S
Range: Touch                    Casting Time: 4 Seg
Duration: 2 Turns/Level         Saving Throw: Neg
Area of Effect: 1 Creature

Description: This spell creates a small invisible mask of air that is connected
to the plane of Air around the recipients face. This mask will allow the user
to breath normally in almost any condition. In a stinking cloud/under water/
or (spelljammer) in wild space/Pholgeston. Talking is normal through the mask,
and allows for spell casting of spells that require Verbal comp. when in such 
conditions.

From: [email-masked] (Scooby)
Date: Thu, 26 May 1994 19:57:44 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.dnd
Subject: New Spells

A new spell I thought up after this weeks gaming session where I needed
to get through a roof! Please give remarks!

             Store Passwall
             Level: 6                            Duration: Special
             Casting Time: 6 Turns               Saving Throw: N/A
             Area of Effect: One Opal            Special Save: N/A
             Components: V,S,M                   Range: 0
                  This spell is similar to an enchant an item or a
             contingency spell, in that it stores a passwall on a Black
             Opal of no less value than 2000gp. The spell will stay stored
             until the pass wall is cast on it then it will store the
             passwall for 1 day per level of caster. This spell must 
             first be cast on the opal and then a passwall can be cast
             on the opal.  The clock then starts clicking on how long
             the spell will last. This is because the passwall starts 
             eating the opal. After the elapsed time the opal will be
             consummed by the passwall, and both will be wasted. If 
             before the time of expiration the opal is touched to a 
             surface and a command word is spoken (determined at time of
             casting Store Passwall) it activates the passwall in the 
             direction that the opal is touching the surface. A caster 
             may only have 1 Store Passwall for every 6 levels of the
             caster. (ie: a 12th level caster can have two such stones
             prepared at one time) Also since the time activation is not
             started until the Passwall is cast on the opal A mage could
             have two stones prepared with him and when he thinks he 
             might need one in the near future he casts passwall on it.
             Then within the next x days the caster can use it. He/she
             can also give it to another person, but must tell them the
             command word.

             Shift Through
             Level: 4                              Duration: 1 round
             Casting Time: 1 Segment               Saving Throw: N/A
             Area of Effect: 1 Creature            Special Save: N/A
             Components: V                         Range: Touch
                  This spell causes the target creature to temporaraly
             shift to the ethereal plane. The person can then travel 
             his normal movement rate. At the end of the round the target
             creature shifts back to the plane on which it was casted. All
             objects carried by the target get shifted with it. The target
             creature can only move (ie: no attacking while shifted). The
             target can be seen as a wispy outline of the figure as it 
             normally appears on the prime, if invisible then no wispy out
             line is visible. The target creature can only be attacked by
             attacks that can reach the etheral plane while shifted. This
             spell was mainly designed to allow casters to pass through a
             wall without having to open a large hole in the wall (ie:
             passwall). Only things that are physically carried are
             shifted to the etheral plane.

From: [email-masked] (Scooby)
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 1994 16:46:06 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.dnd
Subject: New Spell: Liquid Form

             Liquid Form
             Level: 5                             Duration: 2 turns/level
             Casting Time: 5 segments             Saving Throw: N/A
             Area of Effect: Personal             Special Save: N/A
             Components: V                        Range: 0
                  This is a modified form of polymorph self in that it
             allows that caster to change his/her form. They can also
             make standard melee weapons (swords/maces/axes..). They get
             a +1 to hit and cannot be disarmed. Non-magical weapons do
             superficial damage, in that it can be healed. The healing 
             rate is 1d12 per round, and takes most of the casters
             effort (ie: he can move normal but no spell casting or
             attacking, s/he can use magical items that use a CW only
             if their throat and mouth is not damaged). Magical weapons
             and spells do normal damage, except for the following. Cold
             based attacks only slow the caster as if in a slow spell.
             Any physical attacks during this time does double damage.
             Multiple cold spells will continue to slow the caster. Heat
             spells do normal damage. Electrical attacks do no damage.
             Acid attacks do double damage. If the caster is reduced to 
             0 hit points or below (down to -10) by non-magical attacks
             then the casters form falls apart. It takes the caster
             2d10 rounds to reform and collect all his/her parts. Other
             abilities while in liquid form allows the caster to pass
             through grates/bars/small openings at half his normal 
             movement. All items carried by the caster are converted
             to the liquid form. Magical properties perpetuate into
             the new form, in that if the caster is carying a magical 
             dager +1, and then forms a magical blade for a hand, then
             the blade would have a magical property of +1. But only
             a one to one ratio. (ie: if a caster has one dager +1, and
             s/he creates two hand blades, then only one could be +1)
             Other spell powers such as a wand of lightning bolts could
             also be used in this form.