Subject: Here are some new spells for the Net books
From: Joe Colleran <[email-masked]>
To: Boudewijn Wayers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 93 15:36:48 EDT

Hey, here are some new Magic User spells for the net book.
Let me know what you think.

New Magic-User Spells:

Fire Burst (Evocation, Alteration)

Level: 1
Range: 0
Components: V,S,M
Duration: 24 hours
Casting Time: 1 round
Area of Effect: One creature
Saving Throw: 1/2

     This spell, when cast brings into being a protection
field one foot distant from the caster's body. When
detonated, the spell produces a burst of flame around the
caster's body, doing 1d4+1 points of flame damage for every
two levels of the caster (c.f. Magic Missile) The flame does
not affect the caster, his items, or any creatures immune to
fire. The spell is set off when something attempts to cover
up, engulf, grapple, or other wise engage the caster in
unarmed combat. (ex. green slime falling on the caster) The
spell is not set off by weapon attacks, be they melee or
ranged, nor is it set off by other spells. (Though it can,
of course be Dispelled or Anti-Magiced) All damage from the
Fire Burst is resolved before the grappling attack is made,
and the target gets a saving throw for 1/2 damage. The
material component is a pinch of sulphur.

Detect Component (Divination)

Level: 2
Range: 0
Components: V,S
Duration: 1 round/level of the caster
Casting Time: 1 round
Area of Effect: 1" radius
Saving Throw: None

     This spell enables the spellcaster to recognize useful
components for spells, spell research, and creation of
magical items, potions and scrolls. These components may be
natural ingredients for spells, parts of monsters useful for
potions or other magical items, and so forth. If the
spellcaster is able to cast the spell the components are
necessary for, or has created the magical items that
incorporate the components, or has similar specific
information of what the components are used for, then the
exact part needed will be illuminated and the spellcaster
will recall the exact purpose of the component and proper
methods needed to preserve and prepare it. Otherwise, vague
feelings will be given about what parts are generally useful
and whether a certain method of transporting them is "bad"
or "good". A sage or some other such person will have to be
consulted for more specific knowledge.

Lloyd's Beacon (Alteration)

Level: 4
Range: Touch
Components: V,S,M
Duration: Special
Casting Time: 1
Area of Effect: Special
Saving Throw: None

     By means of the Lloyd's Beacon spell, the spellcaster
is able to instantaneously return to a previously prepared
location. The material component of the spell is a gem of
not less than 500 gpv. The spellcaster casts Lloyd's Beacon
at the place which he wishes to set as the return location.
This setting of the location takes one turn. After setting
the location, the gem disappears and the area radiates
alteration magic. At anytime afterwards, the spell caster
can cast the recall version of Lloyd's Beacon, which takes
but one segment and requires only verbal components. The
spellcaster, along with anything he is touching up to 150
lbs + 50 lbs per level of experience above 7th are instantly
teleported to the preset location with no chance of error.
Unwilling travelers require a successful to hit roll, and in
addition get a saving throw versus spells, with success
indicating that they were not teleported. The location
remains set until either the spellcaster decides to change
it or until it is dispelled by someone else. If it is
dispelled, the recall version will fail, but the magic user
will not know this until after he casts the spell, unless he
uses some other magical divination (ex. Contact Other
Plane). When the set location is dispelled or removed by the
magic user, the gem reappears and may be reused. The magic
user may only have one Lloyd's Beacon set at any one time.

Ball of Iron (Evocation)

Level: 5
Range: 1/2" per level
Components: V,S,M
Duration: Permanent
Casting Time: 5
Area of Effect: Sphere 1 ft diameter per level
Saving Throw: 1/2

     Ball of Iron is a special form of the spell Wall of
Iron useful for offensive combat. Any spellcaster who has
Wall of Iron can cast Ball of Iron and vice versa. The spell
does 1d10 points of damage for every two levels of the
spellcaster, rounded down, to anything hit by it.(i.e. 5d10
at 10th, 6d10 at 13th, etc.). Further, if the saving throw
is failed, there is a percentage chance equal to 10 + the
armour class of the target that a limb (i.e. arm or leg, not
head) is crushed under the Ball and rendered useless. Huge
and gargantuan creatures (12'+) are immune to limb crushing.
For purposes of breaking down portals, the ball strikes with
a force equal to 30 Strength. Moving the Ball (not lifting!)
also requires 30 Strength. The Ball does siege (and
Battlesystem) damage equal to a heavy catapult or a boulder
thrown by a storm giant, whichever is greater.

Plane Shift (Alteration)

Level: 5
Range: Touch
Components: V,S
Duration: Permanent
Casting Time: 1 round
Area of Effect: Creature touched (special)
Saving Throw: Neg.

     This spell is similar to the 5th level cleric spell
Plane Shift. The caster can shift up to seven other people
with himself to another plane, or can attempt to use it in
combat against an unwilling target. If used in combat, a
successful to hit roll is required and the target also gets
a saving throw against spells to avoid the effect.
     The spell only shifts to an adjacent plane (i.e. If
cast from the prime material one can only go to the astral
or the ethereal. If cast from the astral one can go to any
of the outer planes, but only to the uppermost layer.)
Further, unless the caster has actually been to the plane or
has scryed it, the arrival point will be random. If the
caster has been to or scryed the desired location on the
plane, the arrival point will be 0-99 miles from the desired
location (this applies when plane shifting home too!).

Object of Steel (Alteration)

Level: 6
Range: Touch
Components: V,S,M
Duration: Special
Casting Time: 6
Area of Effect: 1 object
Saving Throw: None

     This spell places the equivalent of an Improved
Stoneskin around any one object. Thus, the object cannot be
cut, torn, or ripped even by weapon attacks. The spell can
be cast upon both magical and non-magical objects. The
object cannot be bigger than 1 cubic foot per level of the
spellcaster, nor can it weigh more than 10 lbs per level of
the spellcaster. Further, the spell cannot be used to
protect only part of an object so as to overcome the volume
and weight limit (the spellcaster cannot use multiple spells
to fortify the entire outer wall of his keep). The
protection lasts until the object is hit a number of times
equal to 1d4+1 per 2 levels of the spell caster. Further,
the object saves versus spells as the equivalent of hard
metal or hard stone, whichever is better. Note that if the
object's natural saving throw is better than either of the
above two, then it saves against that instead. All magical
bonuses apply against whichever save is used. The spell does
not increase the damage inflicted by a weapon if it is cast
upon one.
      The material component is a small piece of steel,
which is consumed when the spell is cast.

Zildjian's Energy Field (Evocation)

Level: 6
Range: 1"/level
Components: V,S,M
Duration: Permanent
Casting Time: 6
Area of Effect: 10' square/level
Saving Throw: Special

     Zildjian's Energy Field is a spell similar to the
various Wall spells and also to the various Otiluke's
Screens. The spell creates a shimmering energy field. The
field can be between 1' and 10' thick and encompasses up to
10 square feet per level of the spell caster. The spell
caster specifies the dimensions and may adjust them to fit
the required area, but with a minimum of 1' on each side. At
least one side of the field must contact a solid or liquid
surface, though not necessary the bottom side. All of the
Energy Fields are permanent, unless Dispelled,
disintegrated, anti-magiced, cancelled or annihilated. The
spell caster can also bring them down at will, either
permanently or for a specified amount of time. A Knock spell
cast by a Magic-User four or more levels higher than the
original caster will bring down the field for 1 round (c.f.
Wizard Lock). The four different types of fields and their
effects are noted below.

     Violet Field - This field causes a more powerful
     version of the Sleep spell to affect anyone coming in
     contact with the Field. All creatures with up to 10 HD
     are immediately put to sleep for 1 turn per level of   
     the spellcaster, no saving throw. All creatures with   
     over 10 HD are immune to this spell as are undead and
     creatures that never sleep (DM's discretion). The
     material component for this field is a small amount of
     sand sprinkled as the spell is cast.

     Red Field - This field is a searing wall of flame,
     doing 1d4+2 points of damage per level of the spell
     caster to any who come in contact with it. A successful
     saving throw vs spell reduces the damage to half. The
     material component for this field is a small vial of
     flammable oil. If Oil of Fiery Burning is used as the
     material component, the damage becomes 1d6+2 points per
     level.

     Green Field - This field is a wall of poisonous energy.
     All who come in contact with this field must save vs
     poison or be affected by the field. The precise
     effects depend on the type of poison used as the
     material component. The spell requires 3 drops of any
     poison. All saving throw modifiers are added on for
     particularity weak or deadly poisons.

     Blue Field - This protective field acts as a Wall of
     Force in preventing anything from penetrating it and
     further does 1d4 points of electrical damage per level
     of the caster to anyone touching it. Characters in     
     metal armour take an additional 1 point per die of     
     damage. A successful save reduces the damage by half.  
     The material components are a small glass bead and a   
     bit of fur.

Blood to Dust (Necromancy)
Reversible

Level: 7
Range: 6"
Components: V,S,M
Duration: Permanent
Casting Time: 1 round
Area of Effect: 1 creature or 1 cubic yard per level
Saving Throw: None

     The Blood to Dust spell converts blood instantly to an
inert substance (dust). This spell will instantly kill any
one creature upon which it is cast. Note that this spell is
only effective upon creatures which have blood or which need
blood to survive. All undead, constructs (including flesh
golems), creatures from other planes, and any other monsters
that do not need blood to survive are not harmed by this
spell. Casting it upon them will only change their
appearance to dried up, mummy-like husks. Further, all
creatures with 12 HD or more are immune to this spell. Any
creature slain by this spell must first have the reverse of
the spell, Dust to Blood cast on them before being raised. A
Heal spell will accomplish the same thing, and a
Resurrection spell negates the need for either.
     When cast at a free standing pool of blood, the spell
acts like the 6th-level clerical spell Transmute Water to
Dust. The spell destroys 1 cubic yard (3 cubic feet) of
blood per level of the caster. The reverse of the spell
creates 1 cubic yard of blood per level of the caster when
cast at an open area.
     The material components of this spell are a pinch of
dust and a drop of the caster's blood.

Zildjian's Improved Mnemonic Enhancer (Alteration)

Level: 7
Range: 0
Components: V,S,M
Duration: 1 day
Casting Time: 5 rounds
Area of Effect: The caster
Saving Throw: None

     This spell is much like the 4th-level Rary's Mnemonic
Enhancer, except that the Magic-User is able to memorize, or
retain the memory of, up to seven additional spell levels
(seven 1st-level spells, or one 1st and 3 2nd, etc.).

Zildjian's Spellnet (Alteration)

Level: 7
Range: 0
Components: V,S,M
Duration: 1 day/level of the caster
Casting Time: 1 hour + special
Area of Effect: The caster or one creature
Saving Throw: Special

     Zildjian's Spellnet allows the Magic-User to prepare a
selection of spells able to be cast at a moment's notice.
The casting of the spell creates a non-dimensional energy-
space field, in which spells may be held until needed. The
caster then places any spells into the Spellnet he wishes to
store by casting the entire spell except for the last verbal
segment. All material components are consumed at the time of
placing the spell in the Spellnet. When the Magic-User
desires to call up spells stored in the Spellnet, he merely
completes the final verbal components of the spell. This
action takes only 1 segment no matter which spell is being
called up. Unlike normal spellcasting which may be disrupted
if the spellcaster is attacked, calling up spells out of the
Spellnet is possible in all situations where activating a
magic item by a command word would be possible. The Mage
Zildjian specifically designed this feature to be the bane
of the organized "hit the Magic-User before he can cast a
spell" type of fighters. Magical silence will stop the use
of the spell, but a Vocalize spell will allow the spells to
be called up via somatic components rather than the final
verbal ones. The maximum number of spell levels that a
caster may place in Zildjian's Spellnet is equal to his
level in Magic-User ability (For example, a 14th level
Magic-User could place two 5th level spells and one 4th
level spell in the Spellnet or two 7th level spells, or any
other combination that does not exceed his level).
     The initial casting of the spell takes one hour
followed by the casting times of the spells to be entered,
minus one segment. The Spellnet and stored spells then last
in the non-dimensional energy field for 1 day per level of
the caster. After this time limit, the Spellnet begins to
decay and by the end of the last day will be completely gone
along with all remaining spells held in it. The Spellnet may
be restored at any time prior to the last day by casting of
another Spellnet to "recharge" it. This "recharging" takes
only one turn, rather than the one hour needed to create it.
During the "recharging" new spells may be added to replace
any lost spells, up to the maximum stated above. This is the
only time that replacement spells may be added or spell
selection in the Spellnet changed. Spells held in the
Spellnet are considered cast for purposes of memorization of
new spells, thus a temporary increase in the amount of
spells available is possible.
     Certain other spells, magic items and conditions may
cause interference with Zildjian's Spellnet. First, no two
Spellnets may be up at the same time on the same Mage. If
the Mage attempts to put a second Spellnet up on himself,
both are destroyed, the Mage loses all memorized spells for
the day and is stunned for 1d4 rounds. Should one Mage
attempt to cast a second Spellnet on another Mage as an
attack, then both Mages must save vs spells at -4 or each
will be affected as above. If the save is made then the
second Spellnet is destroyed. The Spellnet and a Mnemonic
Enhancer can not be active on the same Magic-User at the
same time. The Spellnet is destroyed if cast on a Magic-User
with a Mnemonic Enhancer up or if a Mnemonic Enhancer or a
Lucubration is cast on a Magic-User with Zildjian's Spellnet
up. Forget, Feeblemind, Confusion, insanity or psionics may
cause the Mage not to remember which spells are in the
Spellnet, but do not directly affect it. A successful Magic
Jar or other type of possession causes instant decay of the
spell, as the Spellnet requires that the mind reside in the
body of the spellcaster. Dispel Magic, Holy Word,
Mordenkainen's Disjunction or passing through an Anti-Magic
Shell will cause the instant decay of the Spellnet, unless
it is immediately recharged as per the method given above.
The Spellnet will not function in any area where a non-
dimensional or extra-dimensional space will not function
(i.e. the Astral Plane, or in the area created by a Rope
Trick, Mordenkainen's Magnificent Mansion, Major Ward,
Prismatic Sphere or Cube of Force), but it is not destroyed
by the area and can be accessed again once the area is left,
unless the duration has expired. The Spellnet will be
destroyed by the wearing or using of a Ring of Spell
Storing, Ring of Wizardry, Rod of Absorption (casting spells
only, Absorption causes no problems), Helm of Teleportation
(refreshing memory option), Purple Ion Stone (spell storing
one), Pearl of Power, Robe of Powerlessness, or in general
any other memory enhancing or spell storing item or spell.
     Finally, should the caster be so foolish as to climb
inside a Bag of Holding, Bag of Devouring, or Portable Hole
with a Spellnet up, a terrible thing will happen. The caster
will be affected as is normal for the placing of an extra-
dimensional space in a non-dimensional space. Specifically
if the caster is in a Bag of Holding, the effects will be as
if the caster is a Portable Hole (i.e a gate to another
plane). And vice-versa if the caster climbs in a Portable
Hole (i.e. a rift to the Astral plane).
     The material components for this spell are a sheet of
vellum suitable for inscribing magical spells, an ounce of
squid ink, again suitable for inscribing spells, a pinch of
diamond dust and an optional small crystal. All are consumed
upon the creation or recharging of the Spellnet, except for
the crystal which remains and glows in proportion to the
remaining duration of the Spellnet.

From: Joe Colleran <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 93 15:38:01 EDT
To: Boudewijn Wayers <[email-masked]>
Subject: New Clerical spells for the Net books

Here are some new clerical spells.

New Cleric Spells:

Repair (Alteration)
Reversible

Level: 1
Sphere: Protection, Elemental (Earth)
Range: Touch
Components: V,S,M
Duration: Permanent
Casting Time: 1 round
Area of Effect: 1 object
Saving Throw: None

     This spell is similar to the first level magic-user
spell Mending. It will repair any one object, which has a
maximum volume of 1 cubic foot per level of the spell
caster. For plate armour and any other object which has
listed hit points (ex. Rope of Climbing), the spell restores
1 hp per level of the cleric. Just like Mending, the spell
will not, in and of itself repair magical items which have
lost their enchantments. However, the spell will repair
magical items which have some damage but are still magical.
For example, the spell will restore hit points to damaged
magical plate armour, and can repair damage to a Rope of
Climbing which has not been completely severed. However, if
the Rope of Climbing had been completely severed, (c.f.
Dungeon Masters Guide) the spell could only repair the rope
and would not restore the lost magical properties. The
material components are a small piece of metal which is
consumed when the spell is cast, and the clerics holy
symbol.

     The reverse of the spell, Break, does 1 point of damage
per level of the cleric to any one item if the item has hit
points, or forces the item to save with a base roll of 10 if
the item does not have hit points. Magical items, or items
with a total volume of over 1 cubic foot per level of the
spell caster are not affected by Break. Failure indicates
that the item has broken into 1d8+2 pieces. In both cases
the cleric must touch the item, requiring a successful
attack roll against an unwilling recipient.

Cure Moderate Wounds (Necromancy)
Reversible

Level: 2
Sphere: Healing
Range: Touch
Components: V,S
Duration: Permanent
Casting Time: 6
Area of Effect: Creature Touched
Saving Throw: None
     This spell is similar to the first level cleric spell
Cure Light Wounds, except that 2d4+2 points of damage are
healed.
     The reverse, Cause Moderate Wounds operates in the same
manner, inflicting 2d4+2 points of damage to opponents, if a
successful attack roll is made.

Lay Hands (Necromancy)
Reversible

Level: 3
Sphere: Healing
Range: Touch
Components: V,S
Duration: Permanent
Casting Time: 1 round
Area of Effect: Creature Touched
Saving Throw: None

     This spell heals damage much like the paladin ability
of the same name. When the cleric casts Lay Hands and
touches the recipient, 2 points of damage per experience
level of the cleric are healed. See the first level spell
Cure Light Wounds for any restrictions on what creatures can
be healed.
     The reverse of the spell, Harmful Hands, does 2 points
of damage per level of the cleric to opponents if a
successful attack roll is made.

Resist Electricity (Alteration)

Level: 3
Sphere: Protection
Range: Touch
Components: V,S,M
Duration: 1 turn/level
Casting Time: 5
Area of Effect: Creature touched
Saving Throw: None

     This spell is similar to the clerical spells Resist
Fire and Resist Cold. The spell adds +3 to all saving throws
against electricity or electrical attacks, and further
reduces all damage by 50%. Thus, a successful saving throw
indicates that quarter damage is taken and failure indicates
that half damage is taken.

     The material component for this spell is a small piece
of rubber.

Spiritual Staff (Invocation)

Level: 3
Sphere: Combat
Range: 4"
Components: V,S,M
Duration: 3 rounds + 1 round/level
Casting Time: 6
Area of Effect: Special
Saving Throw: None

     This spell is a more powerful version of the 2nd level
cleric spell, Spiritual Hammer. The spell creates a
shimmering field of force shaped vaguely like a staff. The
staff strikes for 1d6 points of damage against all
opponents, and further has a magical bonus of +1 for every 3
levels of the cleric. This bonus applies for purposes of
hitting creatures only hit by magical weapons, attack rolls,
and damage rolls. Unlike the Spiritual Hammer, the Spiritual
Staff strikes as a fighter of equal level to the cleric who
cast the spell. The Spiritual Staff also gains multiple
attacks as a proficient fighter of equal level to the cleric
who cast the spell. (i.e., Clerics level 1-6: 1/1, level 7-
12: 3/2, level 13+: 2/1).
     The material component is a normal staff anointed with
either a dose of a Potion of Heroism, or the blood of a 5th
or higher level fighter, which disappears when the spell is
cast. For further restrictions, see the 2nd level clerical
spell Spiritual Hammer.

Glyph of Shielding (Abjuration-Evocation)

Level: 4
Sphere: Protection
Range: Touch
Components: V,S,M
Duration: 6 hours per level or until discharged
Casting Time: 1 round + Special
Area of Effect: The Caster
Saving Throw: Special

     This spell is similar to the 3rd level cleric spell
Glyph of Warding. Unlike the Glyph of Warding, the Glyph of
Shielding is actually cast on the cleric himself. If in
combat, the cleric is successfully hit by an attack roll,
the Glyph of Shielding is set off and affects the attacker.
This occurs even if the cleric took no damage (i.e. was
protected by a Stoneskin or similar magic). The cleric is
not affected by the Glyph of Shielding. See the 3rd level
cleric spell Glyph of Warding for restrictions and typical
glyphs. Any cleric spell or its reverse may be used as a
Glyph of Shielding, provided the cleric is high enough level
to cast it. The material components of the spell are
determined by the type of glyph (if any are necessary).
     Spells which normally require only a successful to hit
roll and allow no save (ex. Destruction, Cause Serious
Wounds, Harm, etc.) are given a special saving throw. The
attacker must save vs spell with a negative penalty equal to
the cleric's level divided by 3 (i.e. -1 per 3 levels).
Success equals half damage or negation depending on the type
of Glyph. A special case is the Destruction Glyph, where a
successful save stuns the target for one round. The damage
from the attack against the cleric and the damage from the
Glyph of Shielding are simultaneous.

Spiritual Flail (Invocation)

Level: 4
Sphere: Combat
Range: 5"
Components: V,S,M
Duration: 4 rounds + 1 round/level
Casting Time: 7
Area of Effect: Special
Saving Throw: None

     This spell is similar to the 2nd level Spiritual
Hammer, and the 3rd level Spiritual Staff. The caster
creates a shimmering field of force, shaped vaguely like a
flail. The field does damage equal to a footman's flail (2-7
S/M, 2-8 L). Further, it gains magical to hit and damage
bonuses in exactly the same manner as Spiritual Hammer and
Spiritual Staff. (i.e. +1 per 3 clerical levels)
     The Spiritual Flail strikes as a fighter of equal level
to the cleric casting the spell, with weapons specialization
in footman's flail. Thus, the Flail is +1 to hit and +2 to
damage due to specialization, and attacks per round are as
follows: levels 1-6: 3/2, levels 7-12: 2/1, level 13+: 5/2.
     The material component of the spell is a normal
footman's flail anointed with either a dose of a Potion of
Superheroism or the blood of a 7th level fighter, which
disappears when the spell is cast. For further information,
see the 2nd level spell Spiritual Hammer, and the 3rd level
spell Spiritual Staff.

Glyph of Smiting (Alteration-Evocation)

Level: 5
Sphere: Combat
Range: Touch
Components: V,S,M
Duration: 1 day or until discharged
Casting Time: 1 round + Special
Area of Effect: The Caster's weapon
Saving Throw: Special

     This spell is similar to the 3rd level cleric spell
Glyph of Warding and the 4th level spell Glyph of Shielding.
Unlike Glyph of Warding and Glyph of Shielding, Glyph of
Smiting is cast on a melee weapon used by the cleric
himself. If in combat, the cleric is successfully attacks
with the weapon with the Glyph of Smiting on it, the Glyph
is set off and affects the target. Damage from the Glyph
replaces any normal weapons damage.
     This occurs even if the target would normally take no
damage from the attack (i.e. was protected by a Stoneskin or
similar magic). The cleric is not affected by the Glyph of
Smiting, but the weapon must save vs disintegration or be
destroyed, regardless of the type of Glyph. See the 3rd
level cleric spell Glyph of Warding for restrictions and
typical glyphs. Any cleric spell or its reverse may be used
as a Glyph of Smiting, provided the cleric is high enough
level to cast it. The material components of the spell are
determined by the type of glyph (if any are necessary).
     Glyph of Smiting may be combined with the Spiritual
Weapon spells (Spiritual Hammer, Spiritual Staff, Spiritual
Flail, and Spiritual Mace) by casting it on the material
component of the spell (i.e. the weapon) prior to casting
the spell itself. Note that a successful attack which sets
off the Glyph immediately ends the Spiritual Weapon spell.

Selene's Improved Neutralize Poison (Necromancy)
Reversible

Level: 5
Sphere: Healing
Range: Touch
Components: V,S,M
Duration: Permanent
Casting Time: 8
Area of Effect: Creature touched
Saving Throw: None

     This spell combines the effects of the 4th level
clerical spell Neutralize Poison and the 2nd level clerical
spell Slow Poison. The spell will first revive, then
neutralize the poison in any individual upon which it is
cast. It will bring back a supposedly dead individual if
cast upon the victim within a number of turns less than or
equal to the level of experience of the cleric after the
poisoning was suffered. (c.f. Slow Poison) Neither a system
shock nor a resurrection roll is needed for a victim brought
back in this manner and it does not count as a death for
purposed of constitution.
     The reversed spell, Improved Poison, requires a
successful attack roll in combat, and the victim is also
allowed a saving throw versus poison, but at a -1 penalty
per 3 levels of the cleric. Failure indicates death.
     The material component of this spell is the cleric's
holy symbol.

Spiritual Mace (Invocation)

Level: 5
Sphere: Combat
Range: 6"
Components: V,S,M
Duration: 5 rounds + 1 round/level
Casting Time: 8
Area of Effect: Special
Saving Throw: None

     This spell is similar to the 2nd level Spiritual
Hammer, the 3rd level Spiritual Staff, and the 4th level
Spiritual Flail spells. The caster creates a shimmering field
of force, shaped vaguely like a mace. The field does damage
equal to a footman's mace (2-7 S/M, 1-6 L). Further, it
gains magical to hit and damage bonuses in exactly the same
manner as Spiritual Hammer, Spiritual Staff, and Spiritual
Flail. (i.e. +1 per 3 clerical levels)
     The Spiritual Mace strikes as a fighter of equal level
to the cleric casting the spell, with double weapons
specialization in footman's mace. Thus, the mace is +3 to
hit and +3 to damage due to double specialization, and
attacks per round are as follows: levels 1-6: 3/2, levels 7-
12: 2/1, level 13+: 5/2.
     The material component of the spell is a normal
footman's mace anointed with either a dose of a Potion of
Superheroism or the blood of a 9th level fighter, which
disappears when the spell is cast. For further information,
see the 2nd level spell Spiritual Hammer, the 3rd level
spell Spiritual Staff, and the 4th level spell Spiritual
Flail.

Selene's Reattachment (Necromancy)
Reversible

Level: 6
Sphere: Necromantic
Range: Touch
Components: V,S,M
Duration: Permanent
Casting Time: 1 round
Area of Effect: Creature Touched
Saving Throw: None

     This spell is a less potent version of the 7th level
clerical spell Regenerate. The spell will allow the cleric
to reattach a severed limb to an individual provided the
limb is present and the spell is cast not more than 1 turn
per 3 levels of the cleric after the limb was severed. The
process of reattachment takes but 1 round, but the limb is
not usable for any purpose until after the victim has rested
for 1 day. No system shock or resurrection roll is needed
for limb reattachment. If cast upon a creature that has had
its head severed, the spell allows the head to be
reattached, but does not in itself bring a dead victim back
to life. The reattachment of the head does, however allow
the victim to be raised, instead of resurrected. There is no
time limit for reattaching heads to dead bodies, other than
that imposed by a Raise Dead or Resurrection spell.
     The reverse of the spell, Detachment requires a
successful attack roll, and further allows a saving throw vs
death magic to avoid its effects. Failure indicates that a
random limb (but not the head) is detached with the
appropriate penalties to hit points, movement, armour class,
attacks, etc. (c.f. Sword of Sharpness) Unlike the 7th level
cleric spell Wither (reverse of Regenerate), the limb does
not turn to dust but falls off. Creatures making their saves
still take damage equal to a Cause Critical Wounds, i.e.
3d8+3. Detachment has no effect on nonliving creatures
(undead, constructs, etc.) or on creatures from other
planes. (c.f. Cure Light Wounds).