Subject: spells
From: [email-masked] (KENNETH L. FORSLUND)
Date: 17 Jun 1994 20:23:25 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.dnd

Spells Designed by various PCs

Janx's Artificial Control (Enchantment, Alteration)
Designer: Janx Jelantru (Ken Forslund)
Level: 4th
Range: Touch
Components: V,S,M
Duration: 1 year per 3 levels of the caster
Casting Time: 6 Turns
Area of Effect: Special
Saving Throw: Neg.
     This spell allows the recipient to manipulate any mechanical
device that was attached to him at the time of the spell's casting. 
In short, it allows the usage of mechanical limbs that have been
attached to somebody by that person.  For example: a victim of an
accident has lost his arm.  A mechanical replacement can be made,
but must have a value of 1000 GP or more.  The limb is attached,
and then the spell is cast.  From then on, as long as the spell is
in effect, the recipient of the spell can control all the joints
and levers on that limb.  A recipient may have as many functions as
his Intelligence, because the wearer must concentrate a little bit
more than an ordinarily limb.  A single limb is counted as a
function, but creative designers can add crossbows, blades, and
many other devices that each count as a function.  This spell can
allow the manipulation of hinges, levers, pulleys, and wheels.  If
the limb is sepparated from the body, the recipient can still
control its functions to a range of touch.  This spell does not
bestow the benefits of a sense of touch.  The operating strength is
equal to the caster's level times 1.5 rounded up, but only grants
10% per point past 18 Strength.  Thus an arm enchanted by a 14th
level mage would have a strength of 18(20) for attacks made with
that arm only.  Because the rest of the person doesn't have 18(20)
strength, he is still considered as having his normal strength. 
Artificial Limbs are much sturdier than their natural counterparts.
Except under very extreme stress, are not likely to take damage. 
The material component of this spell is the Artificial Limb to be
used.  This spell must be cast for each limb to be enchanted.  This
spell can also be used to turn wheels.  A wheel of 3' diameter can
be turned at Caster Level times 4 RPMs.

Bovart's Right Touch (Enchantment)
Designer: Bovart Seeslom (Ken Forslund)
Level: 3rd 
Range: Touch
Components: V,S,M
Duration: 1 year per 3 Levels of the Caster
Casting Time: 6 turns
Area of Effect: one limb/item
Saving Throw: Neg.
     This spell was designed to work with Janx's Artificial Control
spell to enable recipients of artificial limbs to have normal
feeling sensation in their mechanical parts.  It conveys a sense of
touch and texture, but not temperature or pain.  The material
component of this spell are limbs to gain this spell and the person
to wear the limbs.  This spell is cast immediately after the limbs
are attached.

Janx's Binding (Alteration)
Designer: Janx Jelantru (Ken Forslund)
Level: 3rd
Range: Touch
Components: V,S,M
Duration: Special
Casting Time: 1 round
Area of Effect: 1 object
Saving Throw: Neg.
     This spell is used to attach artificial limbs to their
recipients.  The spell is permanent, as it is magically fused to
the body.  It can only be removed if specifically dispelled or the
recipient wills his limb to fall off.  The spell must be recast to
re-attach the limb.  The material component of this spell is the
limb to be attached and a small ball of pitch or honey.