Subject: ADD Spell: Meillikhom's Room of Seclusion
From: [email-masked] (Lynn Sargent)
Date: 8 May 90 18:15:58 GMT

I do retain any and all copywrights.

Here's another one for the spellbooks.

MEILLIKHOM'S ROOM OF SECLUSION (Alteration)

Level: 5
Components: V,S,M
Range: Touch
Casting Time: 1 turn
Duration: One week per level
Saving Throw: None
Area of Effect: One 10 ft by 10 ft area

Explanation/Description: With this spell, the caster can create an extra-
dimensional room (5' cube per level) with one side adjacent to an unbroken 
10'X10' area (i.e. one that has no doors, windows, or other such openings). 
The surface area (which must be touched) now acts as a _phase door_ into the 
_secluded room_.The room can be of any shape and size up to the limit of the 
spell but at least one side must be at least a 10'X10' area. Thus, the room 
could be rectangular, pyramidal, hemispherical, etc. The room lasts for 1 week 
per level of the caster, or until dispelled.
   The caster may bring any item, materials, etc. as he or she desires into 
the room, so long as the object can fit through the _phase door_ and is 
touched by the caster (and only by the caster).
   At the end of the spell's duration, anyone or anything still within the 
room is now trapped in that extradimensional space. escape is only possible 
through other extraplanar travel. This also occurs when a _dispel magic_ or 
similar magic is cast against the _phase door_ area.
   The phase door itself is detectable by any means available that can detect 
magical auras, but the room itself can only be contacted through extraplanar 
means. Spells such as clairvoyance and clairaudience would not detect the 
extraplanar room but would instead detect whatever was on the other side of 
the phase door surface.

Myke

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Only the born suffer" - Sanradden the Gracious
"Those who hide gain suprise" - Jeaune the Nimble
"Me don't know nuthin' 'bout no assassin whut tried to kill yuh, nope, nope,
nope, me no know nuthin'" - any gully dwarf with a knife behind his back
------------------------------------------------------------------------------