From: Martin Dudle <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1992 15:05:16 +0100

A prayer for the great spell and prayer book
I hope it will reach you before 7th of december!
happy x-mas!
martin dudle ([email-masked])
ps: maybe my english should be somewhat corrected ;-)

--------

PRAYER NAME                                      SCHOOL
 Dedi's Invisible Poison Swamp                    Elementar (Earth)

 SAVING THROW		                          COMPONENT
 special                	                  S,M

 AREA OF EFFECT                                   CASTING TIME
 10 x 10 feet per level, always 10 feet deep      1 round per 10 x 10 feet

 DURATION
 1 day + 1 hour per level of the caster

 MATERIAL COMPONENTS
 a drop of poison from a gaint scorpion and some water

 DISCRIPTION

   This prayer creates the area of effect to turn into a poisonous swamp. But
even worse, the swamp is not visible. However, a true seeing spell or similar
magic would detect the swamp. Since it is some kind of a large trap, thieves
cannot detect it (supposed they have no true seeing or the like).

   The Priest chooses the area of effect first. Then he drops the poison and
water to the ground. During this, he utters the prayer. The ground turns to
swamp (anyone can detect it as swamp during this time!) and starts looking
as it was before 1 round later (noone can see it now).

   To successfully chant this prayer, the ground must be at least 10 feets
deep (So you can't build a swamp in a castle's 3rd floor if the great hall of
the knights is below 1 feet of stone).

   Only stone, earth, rock, mud or other similar material can be used to
build a swamp. A swamp cannot be build in marsh or other swamp areas.

   The priest can choose from a minimum of 10 x 10 feet up to
the maximum (eg. a priest of 15the level could create a 10 x 150 or 100 X 50
swamp, always 10 feet deep; but he also could create a 13 X 67 swamp). 

   A victim who didn't see the swamp and steps into it falls into it (no saving
throw allowed). If the victim succeeds a swimming check (-4 malus since it's
a swamp and not water) it only suffers 2 points damage from the poison.
The poison enters the body of the victim through the skin. If the victim
fails, it suffers additional 1W8 damage and gets a cumulative -1 penalty to
its next swimming check (in the next round). Victims with now swimming
profiency automatically suffer 1W8+2 damage each round.

   If a victim spends 5 rounds in the swamp it looses strength (reduced to 3)
and sinks to the swamp's ground. There it suffers double damage (2W8+4) each
round. After another 5 rounds down there it finally dies.

   Victims can be pulled out of the swamp by others very simply: Using a rope,
a branch, a long weapon (lance or the like) and succeeding a strength check
(both the one who pulls and the one who is being pulled must succeed).
It is not possible to cast spells while held in the swamp.

   If the swamp is turned back to its former condition, turned to stone or
rock by magic or a similar action takes place then all who are in it are
thrown out and suffer 4W8 damage.

---
Please don't watch my english!
Any questions, problems and ideas can be e-mailed to: [email-masked]

Martin Dudle (aka Dedi the Tree-Healer)
Never thrust a man who offers you a wish! (Ever met a leprechaun?)