Subject: Meta Mage and Magic
From: [email-masked] (Health Man)
Date: 9 Jul 92 18:38:00 GMT

I have come-up with a new school of magic: Meta Magic.  In short
it involves magic that manipulates other magic.  Many spells like Vocalize,
Dispel Magic, Mordenkainen's Disjunction, minor globe, ect. are in this
school.  

Here are a few of the many other spells in this school:

Spell Name: Spell Tell
Range: Line of Sight
Components: V
Duration : 1 round/level +1d6 rounds
Casting Time: 1
Area of Effect: Wizard's eyes
Saving Throw: None

	When the Meta Mage casts this spell he is able to "Spell Craft" with
100% accuracry.  He is able to tell exactly what spell a wizard or priest is
casting, no matter what level the spell, type of spell or nature of spell.
He is also able to disertain the intended effects of the spell.  A wizard
that has cast Spell Tell and wiches to determine spells other casters are
casting is penialized in the inititive roll.  He may freely view one caster
and take what ever other action he wishes, but for each caster over 1 that he
observes the wizard is another +1 to his initiivite.  Example, the Meta Mage
rolls a 5 for initive, he views 3 casters to determine what spells they are
casting, his modified inititive roll is an 8.

From: [email-masked] (Health Man)
Date: 9 Jul 92 19:27:00 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.dnd
Subject: Meta Spell

Here is a 1 st level meta spell

Spell Name: Fools Spell
Range: Zero
Compnents: special
Casting Time: 1/10
Area of Effect: Special
Saving Throw: None

	A wizard can cast a Fools Spell prior to casting any other spell in
a given round; it costs the caster a +1 to inititive.  When the spell's power
is called upon, it make the next spell cast by the wizard apperar to be 
another spell.  Example: a wizard casts fools spell followed by a domination
spell in a court of law.  Since other wizards are watching, he makes the
domination spell look like a comprehed languages spell.  Only Spell Tell
can detect the use of Fool Spell.

This is a 3rd level spell in the School of Meta Magic-Invokers can not use
Meta Magic

Spell Name: Forget Spell
Range: 100 Yards
Components: V,S,M
Duration: instantanious
Casting Time: 3
Area of Effect: 1 spell casting monster, human, Elf, Ect.
Saving Throw: -5 to Neg.

When casting this spell the Meta Mage trys to make another wizard/cleric/
spell using monster forget a single spell.  The target must save Vs. spell
at -5, if successful, nothing happens.  If he fails, one of his spells is
lost (determine at random).  The Meta Mage does not steal the spell, the
spell is simply forgotten.