Subject: Re: Call for spells (second try)
From: Riccardo Facchetti <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 93 13:02:32 MET

Hello,
i send you a spell i developed, may be you have alredy seen this on the
ADND-L list, but .... just to be sure :)

This is my last posting of the spell to the list:

Ciao,
        Riccardo.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi there,
here it is the final release of my spell. Thanks to all the people that
have sent me their comments and suggestions, and to my DM for HIS
suggestions :)
Now i think this is the final release of this spell.
To the mantainers of NET.*BOOK: (i've lost the address and now i have no time to
search it out :) yup, if you find this spell of any interest, you can include
it you your book.
Sorry to post it after so many time elapsed, but i have my tests to do (just
the time to pass the hard ones :)

I hope you will enjoy it.

here the ChangeLog of the spell:

- added school: enchantment/charme for completness
- modifyed Casting time:
  as noted by most ppl, 1 turn is really too much for a combat spell.
  It is modifyed to 1 Round
- modified and specified the possible source of the elemental
- added the case of spell fail
- s.o. have suggested to change the kind of rolls of the spell, but i think this
  is the simpler way to handle the throw.
- added handling of DS elementals

Ciao,
        Riccardo.

PS: comments are welcome of course :)

-- START

Bass's Elemental Domination (enchantment/charme)

Sphere:         Elemental (all)
Level:          6
Range:          80 yards
Components:     V, S, M
Duration:       Special
Casting Time:   1 round
Area of Effect: 1 Conjured Elemental
Saving Throw:   Special

Description:

  This spell enable the caster to assume the control of an elemental creature
conjured by another spellcaster or magic device. Magic devices are considered
as spellcasters of 12th level. The domination have success with a base likely-
hood of 11 on 1d20 (50 %, you must make an 11 or better) modified with the
following:

- if the caster is of higher level with respect of the conjurer you must
  subtract the difference of level from the base throw. (you have a better
  chance of success)

- if the caster is of lower level with respect of the conjurer you must add
  the difference of level from the base throw. (you have a worse chance of
  success)

- if the caster is an elementalist s/he have an additional modifier:

        -2 if the elemental is of the same school of the caster

        +2 if the elemental is of the opposite school of the caster

        +0 in any other case.

- at DM option you can modify the throw with something we may call the will-
  power: WIS bonus for clerics, INT bonus for mages, the better of the two
  for cleric/mages

        subtract (or add) the difference of willpower of the two spellcasters
        (of course pay attention to the sign of the number)

  If the spell fails, the elemental attacks the spellcaster who casted the
Domination for at least 4 rounds of fury without control, then the conjurer can
restart to control the elemental(i.e. he can choose to let the elemental finish
the work or command it to a different target).
  The duration of the spell is 1 turn/level but it cannot be in any case higher
of the remaining time of the conjuration spell (see PHB pag. 227, pag. 232).
The material component is the caster's Holy Symbol.

- Dark Sun setting:

  In DS setting this spell will work differently with respect on how
  powerful is the elemental to be dominated:

        If you try to dominate a LESSER elemental the duration of the spell
        is increased by 3 turns (Duration: 3 turns + 1 turn/level)

        If you try to dominate a NORMAL elemental the spell works as described
        above

        If you try to dominate a GREAT elemental the spell works only on
        an elemental of your school, whitout any same-school bonus and
        the duration of the spell is 1/4 of the normal
        (Duration: 1 turn/4 levels)

NB: this spell can be casted only on elementals that are conjured,
    and works only for elementals that are alredy controlled by
    another spellcaster

-- END OF SPELL

--
Riccardo Facchetti          | e-mail: [email-masked]
Centro di Calcolo           |
Politecnico di Milano       | News  : [email-masked]
                            | Irc   : [email-masked]
snail-mail:                 | Nickname on IRC: Allanon
                            |
Home address:               | The Big Bass said:"kill 'em quickly,
Via PAOLO VI, 29            | or you'll be cooked by their spells"
22053 - Lecco - Italy       |
------------------------------------------------------------------