Subject: new spells
From: [email-masked] (Kris)
Date: 3 Nov 1993 11:53:32 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.dnd

Well you want to have sum nice spells? Here they come, some are really 
powersfull but just keep in mind about the artifact needed...

  Animate Golem
 ---------------

Level: 9th
School: Alteration,Invocation
Range: Touch
Components: V,S,M
Casting time: 1 hour
Area of effect: 1 golem
Saving throw: none

With this spell a wizard can create one golem. The construction of a golem 
is a long process and additional spells will be required to fully animate 
the golem but this spell can replace the wish spell in the process. The 
component is the golem to be animated and some gorgon blood.

  Create Focus
 --------------

Level: 10th(!)
School: Enchantment/Charm
Range: touch
Components: V,S,M
Duration: 1 week/level
Casting time: 1 hour
Area of effect: 1 Object
Saving throw: none

By means of this spell one of the rarest magical item that exist can be 
created, The Focus. This extremely rare and powerfull item is capable of 
holding the energy of a 10th level higher spell, which is extremely usefull 
when spell weaving. In earlier days when this item wasn't really nescesary 
because although physicaly taxing it was still possible. But when the Gods 
forbade mortal spellcasters the use of 10th and higher level spellsand 
destroyed most of the Foci this spell gained much in use because with this 
spell one could start to temper with magic of Gods.

NOTE: It is unlikely that a mage will ever find this spell because it cannot 
be scribed onto a scroll and most spell books that contain this spell are 
either destroyed or lost. So the only way a mage is ever going to get this 
spell is through a deity of sum kind. Also he will need another existing 
focus to cast it because this in itself is a 10th level spell.

  Enhance poison
 ----------------
 reversible

Level: 3rd
School: Alteration,invocation/evocation
range 1 foot
components: V,S,M
Duration: 1 hour + 1 hour/level
Casting time: 7
Area of effect: 1 dose of poison/5 levels
Saving throw: Special

With this spell a wizard can temporarily enhance the power of a poison. 
Either, making it more deadly/debilitating or more potent such as a -1 to 
the saving throw of the subject. This spell can only be used once on a given 
dose of poison. Multiple castings of this spell don't work.
The reverse of this spell, Dilute Poison, makes a poison less lethal, 
granting a +1 to the subjects save or making it less effective. If cast on a 
subject already having poison in his/her system, this spell grants a new 
saving throw. If casted to dilute the poison of a monster, the monster must 
be touched to be effective, second the monster gets a save versus spell. The 
material component of this spell is either a black widow spider(dead) or a 
dove's feather for the reverse.

  Power Drain
 -------------

level: 9th
School: Necromancy, Evocation
Range: touch
Components: V,S,M
Duration: 1 round/level
casting time: 3
area of effect: One Creature
saving throw: neg.

This spell can be used to drain someone's Constitution Permanently and use 
this energy for cerain spells such as permanency. To do this the wizard 
casts the spell and touches the subject who the gets a save versus spell. If 
the save fails 1 constitution point of the subject is drained and stored in 
the material component: a 1000 gp black Opal. This energy must then be used 
within he spell's duration or it is lost forever. when the point is used or 
the spell ends the opal disintagrates. Casting this spell is very tiring for 
the mage and he will lose 1d6 con points that can be ragained by 3 hours 
rest for every point lost.

From: [email-masked] (Kris)
Date: 4 Nov 1993 15:06:07 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.dnd
Subject: Re: new spells

Here are sum others to go with the mega spell Create Focus.

  Spellcrystal
 --------------

Level: Any(!)
School: Conjuration, Invocation
Range: 0
Components: V,S,M
Duration: 2 months/Caster Level + 1 month/Spell Level
Casting Time: 1 round/Spell level
Area of Effect: 1 Crystal
Saving Throw: Special

With this spell a wizard can harness and store the energy used to cast 
spells for later use to enhance other spells. This requires a crystal of at 
least 100gp for every level of the spell(ie a 3rd level spellcrystal needs a 
300gp gem and a 9th level spellcrystal needs a 900 gp gem). These crystals 
once forged are far from stable and if not handled carefully they will 
detonate in a wild surge. To determine if a crystal detonates, roll an item 
save as for Rock(crystal) with a +3 and a -1/level. If magic is released(
either by casting or another crystal that detonates) within a 1 foot radius 
of the crystal roll a save vs cr. blow. If such a crystal is placed within 
the area of a stabilize spell it gets a +4 on every save. Alos if a crystal 
does detonate it doesn't release a surge. Instead the magic just fizzles 
away(this is really handy because now a chain reaction cannot be caused). 
Third: the time spent within a stabilized area doesn't count against the 
duration of the spell. In a dead magic area the energy just fizzles away. 
When entering the area the crystal must save vs. disintegration or be 
rendered normal again. Detonating crystals just fizzle in this area. Upon 
entering a wild area a save vs. disintegration must also be made or the 
crystal will detonate. All saves within this area are at -4(except entering).

From: [email-masked] (Kris)
Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.dnd
Subject: New spells from a Lich
Date: 8 Nov 1993 15:34:02 GMT

Well, here's the last and IMHO the most powerfull spell of Slyta:

  Spell Weaving
 ---------------

Level: 3rd: Minor
       6th: Major
       9th: Master
School: Alteration
Range: 0
Components: V,S
Duration: 1 round
Area of Effect: The Caster
Saving Throw: none

With this spell _several_ wizards can combine their magical abilities and 
powers to create greater spells. If several casters want to combine their 
efforts they first must decide who will be the head weaver. This person is 
the center of the spell, without him the entire spell structure collapses. 
Also if he loses concentration all the efforts are lost and the spells 
aswell. Next hey must decide which spell they are going to create. To create 
this spell they use several different or all the same spells of weaker 
levels which combined give the desired spell. These spells must in some way 
be related to the desired spell. This is decided by the DM into what limits 
the spells can be combined. Also to participate all memebers of a "
spellcloth" must roll their chance to learn spells if they miss it they lose 
the spell and their effort isn't counted into the hole of the spell. If the 
head weaver misses it he made a mistake in the weaving of the spells into 
the new one and everything is lost. If the energy created by the cloth is 
not enough to created by the cloth is not enough to create the desired spell 
the next spell in line is chose instead. To calculate how much energy is 
created, take the number of mages involved, specialists count as 1.5 if they 
cast a spell within their specialty or .5 if they cast one outside their 
specialty, and divide this number by the total number of mages involved(
NOTE: specialist now count as normal==>one) and add to this 1 if it's a 
minor weave, 2 if it's a major weave or 3 if it's a master weave The max 
that this number can have is 1.25 every bit of excess energy is lost. 
Multoply this number by thetotal number of spell levels involved(ie. add all 
the spell levels of the individual spells). This is the level of the new 
spell

The experience level at which the spell is cast is the head weaver's + half 
of every mage involved(excluding the head caster) if this is lower than the 
minimum needed to cast the final spell then the spell is still cast as if by 
this lower level mage.

Because this takes a lot of time , Spellweavers always lose initiative. Also 
the weavers cannot be separated mor than 10' and no barriers may be in 
between any indiviual and he head caster. The number of mages involved is 
also limited by what spell is used: 5 for a minor weave, 7 for a major 
weave and 11 for a master weave. also minor weavers count as 2/3 when 
included in a major weave and 1/3 if included in a master weave for the max. 
no. of people. A major weave only counts as 2/3 if included in a master 
weave.

Minor weaving can only take a 3rd or lesser spell to succesfully weave(The 
desired spell can be of higher level), major weave 6th or lesser, master 9th 
or lesser.