Subject: New spell concept-Read
From: [email-masked]
Date: 7 Dec 92 22:55:09 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.dnd

Hello out there in Netland...

   Knowing the desire for new and intresting spells that this net 
has, and the factt that I have some really creative friends who are 
more than a little warped(I'm the straight man...) I thought that I
might post this one that we came up with one evening at 2:00 am.
Please forgive if it offends, it was ment purely in fun and jest (at
least by me...)

   Spell :

   Name: Bigby's Bitchslap
   Range: 1" per level of caster
   Level: 1
   Duration: Instantaneous
   Area of Effect: One Bitch(?)
   Casting Time: One segment
   Components: V,S,M
   
   Description:

       This spell is the lesser known cousin of the Bigby's fist 
spells. It, upon casting, causes the victim (one Bitch per level of
the  caster) to be struck by a stinging slap, disrupting any and all
actions that were going to be taken by said bitch for that round, plus
one round for every two levels of the caster. It also causes 1d4
points of Ego damage to the bitch per every three leves of the caster.
The Verbal component of this spell is the uttering of the word,
"Bitch!" While enacting the somatic component of the spell, which is a
strong forehanded swing (Or backhanded, or both, all at DM's option).
The only material component of the spell is the presence of one or
more bitches that the player wishes to affect. This spell got it's
start after the apprentice Bigby, and his close friends Bryan and Seth
were all three simoultaneously seriously peeved at several bitches
(ed. Note: The lack of gender attached to the term "Bitch" is
intentional. Yes, I'm covering my tail, but...) and concocted this
spell as a revenge method. Bryan and Seth went on to become boot
salesmen, and Bigby went on to become the seriously bad news that he
is today. This spell has several serious uses, especially when dealing
with any Drow priestess, ANY Elf or Dwarf, and any ex-signifigant
other. Finally, the only thing that is known to stop this spell is
a wall of Force, which only halves the affects. 

   Feel free to post or E-Mail (prefered)  any responses you have. I
accept all flames, as I really like to get the mail.

                                                        Sincerley       
                                                      
                                                     Kurt N. Wiegel

   "Beauty is the battleground on which God and Satan vie for the
         human soul..."

From: [email-masked]
Date: 9 Dec 92 00:20:59 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.dnd
Subject: Re: New spell concept-Read

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] writes:
>   Name: Bigby's Bitchslap
>   Range: 1" per level of caster
>   Level: 1
>   Duration: Instantaneous
>   Area of Effect: One Bitch(?)
>   Casting Time: One segment
>   Components: V,S,M

Saving throw?

Duration should read "one round plus one round / two levels
(change "round" to "minute" in AD&D2).

>   Description:
>
>       This spell is the lesser known cousin of the Bigby's fist 
>spells. It, upon casting, causes the victim (one Bitch per level of
>the caster) to be struck by a stinging slap, disrupting any and all
>actions that were going to be taken by said bitch for that round, plus
>one round for every two levels of the caster. It also causes 1d4
>points of Ego damage to the bitch per every three leves of the caster.

This looks like it should be at least 2nd level.

>The Verbal component of this spell is the uttering of the word,
>"Bitch!" While enacting the somatic component of the spell, which is a
>strong forehanded swing (Or backhanded, or both, all at DM's option).
>The only material component of the spell is the presence of one or
>more bitches that the player wishes to affect.

That's not a Material Component -- that's an Area of Effect, one
creature per level!

>[...]  This spell got it's [sic]
>start after the apprentice Bigby, and his close friends Bryan and Seth
>were all three simoultaneously seriously peeved at several bitches
>(ed. Note: The lack of gender attached to the term "Bitch" is
>intentional. Yes, I'm covering my tail, but...) and concocted this
>spell as a revenge method.  Bryan and Seth went on to become boot
>salesmen, and Bigby went on to become the seriously bad news that he
>is today. This spell has several serious uses, especially when dealing
>with any Drow priestess, ANY Elf or Dwarf, and any ex-signifigant
>other. Finally, the only thing that is known to stop this spell is
>a wall of Force, which only halves the affects. 

Definitely not first level if it goes through a Wall of Force!

:) :)

-- Ken Jenks, NASA/JSC/GM2, Space Shuttle Program Office
      [email-masked]  (713) 483-4368

     "Take the time and effort to become not just a good DM,
      but a brilliant one." -- Zeb Cook, AD&D DMG2, Foreword