Subject: Re: how to imprison a psionicist ?
From: [email-masked] (Boudewijn Wayers)
Date: 21 Dec 92 12:21:19 GMT

Iron Mask (Conjuration/Summoning) Level: 3

Range: 10 yards
Components: V, S, M
Duration: 8 rounds
Casting Time: 7
Area of Effect: One person
Saving Throw: None

This spell creates a full-face helmet on the subject's head. The helmet
thus created is in all respects a +1 magical helmet, thus granting the
subject all advantages and disadvantages from wearing a helmet. For
example, a mage would no longer be able to cast spells, a psionicist
could no longer use his powers, but both would be protected against
called shots against their head and receive a +1 to their armour class.

If the caster is of at least eleventh level, there is an addidional
effect: the helmet has a lock that will lock in the round following the
casting. This can be avoided by removing the helmet before the lock
closes (make a Dexterity check). If the helmet is not removed before
the lock closes, it can only be removed by a Dispel Magic or similar
magic. The helmet will disappear when the duration expires.

Note that since the target is not himself affected (the helmet is only
created around his head), he receives no saving throw. The material
component for this spell are a piece of leather and at least two square
inches of cast iron.