Subject: Selective Defiling and Life Transfer (D-Sun Preserver spells)
From: [email-masked] (Matthew Charlap)
Date: 17 Nov 92 23:03:02 GMT

I was thinking about some spells which might be useful to add into a campaign
I just got the ideas, so specifics such as level and casting time have not 
been decided yet.

Spell:Selective Defiling (Preserver)
As a preserver is avidly against defiling, the typical preserver, after
sufficient experience, will realize what causes defiling, and why preserver
spells don't defile. As such, he can learn to use this knowledge for help.
This spell causes the plant energy drained to come from a specific source, 
and can emulate any Cantrip-like effect (or possibly any 1st level spell- that
will depend on this spells eventual level). This spell is for two specific 
purposes- any other use is strictly prohibited to one who would preserve the 
land.
1) To kill a Carniverous plant that is threatening. Because of the selective
nature, you can drain the plant's life wilout affecting the non-hostile plants
around it, and will leave the soil nutreint rich.
2) To neutralize organic poisons. It is my opinion that organic poisons, since
they are made from the basic elements of life, should also be affected by
defiling spells, but only if specifically targeted. Not that in this use, 
another spell effect should NOT be allowed.

Any other use of the spell condemns the caster to the penalties normally 
associated with a preserver casting a defiling spell.

SPell: Life Transfer (Preserver)

By use of this spell, the preserver drains the life force of plants in the 
area of effect of  1/3 the full life- thus plants will weaken, but will regain
the strength in a relatively short time. This energy is then stored and can be 
used to revitalize a section of defiled soil of an area 1/9 the size of the
area of effect. A time limit should be imposed on how long the energy can be
stored.